This morning I woke up to an email from a client who was on vacation. The email was two sentences long, but it spoke volumes:
“Thank you, Shannon for handling this project for my company. Job well done.”
This jolted me more than any cup of coffee could. Not only did my client approve the work I had done, he took the time to graciously respond at 6:15 am ON HIS VACATION!
So with this exciting piece of information, I immediately questioned, how should someone respond to a customer’s positive feedback?
Here’s what I’ve come up with:
1. Use social media to share the news with others.
2. Ask if you can use their feedback as a testimony on your website or in sales collateral.
3. Respond in an alternative manner such as sending a video response.
4. Write an article about what you did for the client and post it as a piece on your blog or send it to the client. Include their logo and company bio.
5. Ask if you can share the positive experience with people your client refers to you.
Either way, responding to a client’s positive feedback is a great way to show you’re appreciative of the relationship you have with them and it opens the door for more opportunities.
For more tips on this topic or to learn how you can expand on the tips I’ve offered in this blog, please contact me.